Friday, July 29, 2011

Summer Camp at Bear Creek

This year, Troop 448 decided to go to Bear Creek Scout Reservation near Kerrville, Texas. As the SPL for this camp, I would say this camp was a success. All of the scouts had a great time and accomplished something at camp. We had people that participated in the Ranger program, the COPE program, and people who earned awards in their Merit Badge areas. I can only think of one thing that we can improve on, and that is wearing boots so we don’t hurt ourselves on uneven trails. I would like to thank all of the ASPLs and patrol leaders for being a great help at organizing people. I would also like to thank the adults who helped keep our troop in one piece and for organizing our camp. And thanks to everyone else for giving me a great experience as an SPL. I hope next year’s camp will be just as great as this year’s.

No comments: